Friday, April 25, 2008

Store Name That Tickles Me

Every morning, I cycle through the same streets on the way to work - pass the same shops, spaceship breakfast stand, newspaper stand and traffic attendants.



(Spaceship stand - don't u like the wings?)



(Spaceship stand is all over Shanghai, they sell porridge, hot dog, soya bean and etc)


Today though something caught my eye - it was this particular new store. It sells morning breakfast and it always packed with people. At one glance, it looks like any other ordinary store but when I actually paid attention to its name - god almighty I cracked up instantly ( this is referring to people who understand Malay). You will know what I mean when you have a look below.


(Looks like any ordinary store isn't it?)


.


.


.


.


.


Lo and behold


.


.


.


.



Can you believe it? BABIFOOD? To those who do not understand Malay it means pig's food.

There is a sight to their store too - http://www.babifood.com

Now if I had this franchise in Malaysia called babifood I think I might be famous overnight. Even better, if it serves Malay food then it would be an uproar of demonstraters and tv crews camping outside my door.

No comments: