Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Qingdao

For the Dragon Boat Festival, I flew to Qingdao for a good 3 days break. Weather was cloudy but it didn't rain. Qingdao reminds me of Korea cause the roads are so wide and buildings are are squarish looking.


The hotel I stayed in was HuiQuan Dynasty hotel which was located at beach No. 1. For all the bad comments I have heard about the hotel - it was totally the opposite. It does live up to the 5 star hotel standard.


Because it was 21 degrees no one was in their swimwear.



Supergirl contest


The human whale...


The seafood and Tsingdao beer lived up to my expectations. I am so deprived of seafood.








German architectures - kinda felt like I was in Switzerland at some point.






Qingdao is so pretty that everyday there are couples taking their wedding pictures - they even have to queue for the pretty spots.






The latest Qingdao hairstyle - every small boy I bumped into has this round non bald patch of hair on their bald head.



There was this very cute 3 wheel car that I could not stop taking pictures of.




Qingdao is known for their dried cuttlefish. Look at how many dried weird stuff they have in one store. Its seriously true Chinese do eat anything which it's backs faces the sun.


Cherries were in season - the yellow ones were so sweet!


All in all it was a pretty good trip!

No comments: