Monday, October 13, 2008

AIDA

I went for AIDA musical Saturday. As usual I always head to the Huang Nius to get my ticket. I purchased a RMB 400 ticket for RMB 150. Not bad of a price and the seat was excellent.

The musical was exactly how Wancestyle explained it. The performance especially the singing was good there was one part of the duet which put me close to tears. It was definitely a musical to watch but as some of you might know last Sunday was the last day for AIDA. I was cycling back home last night when I saw them packing up all the props.
The next musical is Cinderella which is played by Lea Solanga. For those of you who do not know who she is - "(born Maria Ligaya Carmen Imutan Salonga on February 22, 1971 in the Philippines) is a multi-awarded Filipino American singer and actress who is best known for originating the role of Kim in the musical Miss Saigon. In the field of musical theater, she is recognized for having won the Olivier, Tony, Drama Desk, Outer Critics, and Theatre World Awards, the first to win various international awards for a single role. She was also the first Asian to play Eponine in the musical Les Misérables on Broadway.
Salonga is the singing voice of
Princess Jasmine from Aladdin in 1992 and Fa Mulan for Mulan and Mulan II in 1998 and in 2004, respectively)."

I am definitely going to watch Lea in action, I used to be in love with her duet for "We Should Be In Love"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I saw her in Miss Saigon years ago, didn't realise she was still going strong.

Anonymous said...

she always have a concert but mostly in the US. hopefully she will have an asian concert tour!

Ai Mei said...

woai & anonymous - I am definately going to watch Cinderella!